Avita of Stroudwater (A Northbridge Assisted Living Community) is a beautiful new assisted living dementia care community in Westbrook, Maine, just off of I-95 and minutes from bustling downtown Portland, Maine. We are a 60-unit, state- of-the-art community, focused on memory care. The name, Avita, which translates to For Life, was inspired by our desire to create a safe and fulfilling environment where nurturing caregivers recognize each resident as a special and unique individual. Just because an individual may suffer from physical challenges or memory impairment does not mean they have lost their spirit.
We approach all of our care in a manner that looks holistically at the needs of our residents. In that way we believe we can maximize their abilities and minimize the losses of those in our care. We know the health of our residents is important, but equally as important is the quality of their social day. We have developed meaningful activities for our residents, ones that duplicate, as much as possible, the experience of living in their own home. We provide individualized activities to match the capabilities of each resident, from those as concrete as sensory activities, to more abstract activities. The day for a resident at Avita of Stroudwater will have a flow to it that allows for rest, normal, day-to-day activities, spiritual enrichment, exercise, healthy food in an enjoyable environment and plenty of laughter and fun, all delivered in a safe, clean and supportive environment.
Our goal is simple: to make a positive difference in peoples lives by creating a special place where residents can thrive and families can have peace of mind. That place is Avita.
Avita of Stroudwater proudly offers these services:
- Comfortable private and semi-private apartment
- Social Programs
- The innovative S.T.A.R. Program (Senior Therapeutic Activity & Recreation Program)
- Three delicious and nutritious meals served family style, with snacks served throughout the day
- The Brain Gym, a unique memory strengthening program
- Daily housekeeping & maintenance
- Assistance with personal care, including bathing, dressing, and grooming (up to 60 minutes a day included)
- Assistance with medications
- Landscaped courtyards with sensory, meditation and working gardens
- Screen porches
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Internet Cafe
- Laundering of linens and personal laundry
- All utilities, excluding telephone and cable TV
- Field trips or daily excursions